Need help switching from a rebated fuel?
Nationwide Fuels can supply non-rebated forms of your fuels, such as DERV, HVO and Industrial Heating Oil.
We also offer a range of fuel services including tank cleaning and decommissioning, which clean all traces of red diesel from your tanks before switching you over to a new fuel such as HVO or DERV.
If you have a large stock of rebated fuels to dispose of, our fuel uplift service can remove your unusable rebated fuel, clean your tank if needed, and deliver a fresh supply of your new fuel.
Call us on 0330 678 0880 to find out more about our fuel services.
Who can still use rebated fuels after April 2022?
Despite a number of industries and sectors losing access to rebated fuels like red diesel, the majority of sectors will still be eligible. These include:
- Agriculture, horticulture, forestry and fish farming – rebated fuels can still be used in agricultural and special vehicles, machines and appliances
- Boating, marine and sailing – all types of boat can use rebated fuels in engines and any machines or appliances that are permanently fitted to the boat
- Golf courses– can continue to use rebated fuels in vehicles, special vehicles, heating and lighting
- Amateur sporting clubs
- Community centres
- Travelling fairs and circuses – can use rebated fuels to power rides and for the provision of heating in caravan accommodation
- Rail – can continue to use rebated fuels to propel or stop vehicles on rails only
- Non-commercial heating and electricity generation for domestic homes, places of worship, state schools, town halls and government buildings, and the NHS
Switch red diesel for cleaner fuels
These changes to rebated fuel eligibility are a great opportunity for businesses to switch to cleaner-burning and more sustainable fuels.
Nationwide Fuels supplies a range of alternative fuels designed to help businesses reduce their environmental impact – fuels like HVO, CHP Biofuel and Carbon Clean Kerosene. They not only burn cleaner but can offer a range of operational benefits too, such as better cold-start properties and longer storage lifespans.