HVO Fuel: A Fossil-Free Diesel Available Nationwide
HVO fuel is our synthetic diesel alternative that’s leading the way to a greener future. Nationwide Fuels is one of the only HVO fuel suppliers in the UK with a vast stock of HVO fuel on hand that’s ready for nationwide delivery within 24-48 hours of placing an order. With significantly extended storage and reduced emissions, it’s no surprise that businesses across the UK are switching from fossil diesel to HVO fuel.
What is HVO fuel?
HVO fuel is one of the word’s purest fuels. It’s a paraffinic synthetic renewable diesel produced from 100% renewable feedstocks. Thanks to its diesel-like qualities, and because it adheres to EN 15940 specifications, the fossil-free oil is a drop-in replacement, so you needn’t make any modifications to your engines or their peripherals. You can simply top up your tanks with the environmentally-friendly fuel.
Powering your engines and vehicles with HVO fuel reduces greenhouse gas emissions by as much as 90%, NOx emissions by as much as 27% and PM emissions by as much as 84%, compared with conventional diesel, all which are key components in achieving improved air quality.
How much does HVO fuel cost?
The cost of HVO is currently higher than fossil diesel. However, the cost of ownership can be reduced when switching to HVO compared to other current options available to reduce emissions:
- No large upfront costs or engine modifications required
- Existing equipment can be used to store, distribute and run on HVO
- Reduced need for regular testing (FAME and ester-free fuel)
- Winter and summer-grade fuel – can be stored year-round
- Average 10% reduction in AdBlue consumption
- Reduced storage costs – up to 10 year shelf life compared to 1 for DERV